Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bein' Green

It's still FanstRAvaganza3 but this isn't a FanstRA post.  You can find all the bloggers involved in this event by clicking on the tab above.

***********************************************************


It's St. Patrick's Day and I'm thinking about being green (okay, and I'm wearing a green shirt).  One of my favorite songs from when I was a kid is "It Ain't Easy Bein' Green," Kermit the Frog's theme song.  I haven't done a mash up in a while, so here you go.

The first version, from Sesame Street in 1969.



Lena Horne guested and cheered a down Kermit up.  Gorgeous.



This is probably my favorite version, by Ray Charles from his 1975 album Renaissance.



So for everyone who's feeling a little green today...I'm right there with you.  Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can never get too much Ray Charles. Have I ever told you about meeting him? Met his manager Joe Adams and Joe's wife too. Sat with the two of them during Ray's concert. I'll have to write about that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, pleasepleaseplease, I love stories like that!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!